Does New Construction Guarantee The Perfect Home?

I'm fortunate enough to live in Sarasota with all of it's natural beauty and solid economic climate.  I also enjoy selling brand new construction homes because the vast majority of our builders are the top of their field and my experience has been so positive over time.  I always do hesitate though, when someone says that they want to build a house so they get EXACTLY what they want.  Sure, you can get many features that are important to you, but your building choices (while varied) will be absolutely constrained by your budget.  

I also think there is a slight benefit to buying a home that has been owned by someone else for more than one year.  This allows the bugs to be worked out.  I knew one builder that had a wonderful design on paper but there was one interior door that swung in a direction that made master closet access difficult.  Sure enough, everyone that purchased this home changed/modified/improved the closet area ofter a couple of months, but it was aggravating.  Personally, I like a home that has had two owners and been built within the past ten years.  But that's just me.

So as you start to think about building, renovating or buying an existing home take come time to really think about your plan from all sides.  You'll be glad you did.

© John Gaudiano
  http://johngaudiano.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?