So You Want A Pool, Now What?

When people first move to Florida they ask me about pools.  Usually they fall into the "I think they might be fun, but don't care that much about having one", or the "if I don't have a pool I might as well be a rancher in Texas, than live in Florida" categories.  I have to admit, growing up in New England, I didn't know a ton of people with pools but the ones that did have then had a great deal of fun for about 60 days per year.  Never seemed like a fiscally responsible thing to do.

Then I bought a house with one.

The term "life changing" is to insignificant to apply to the day I owned a home with a pool.  The fun you can have with a $2 inflatable ball and a bottle of champagne on a Sunday afternoon is indescribable.  I do have a friend I'll call Zark Meitler, who has told me about a pool design with hot tub and volcano but that's a bit too much for me.  I just want a place were you can have 6 family members playing volley ball for 3 hours straight.  This is so important our recent pool renovation project includes a volley ball area, spa and raised sun deck.  Now, that's a good time.

Of course, you can come to Florida and buy a 50 year old home with a pool have it be a weird shape and still have more fun than anyone in New England - year round.  If you want to talk pools, let me know, I will bore you to death with my "advantages of salt" talk and my theories on the best pool cages.

What I won't talk about are round pools.


They're just weird, and you can't play volley ball in them.

© John Gaudiano
http://johngaudiano.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?