Why Is Florida So Much Better Than California?

A year of so ago, while I was sitting in my backyard speaking to a client, he mentioned that he couldn't understand why seemingly overnight all of his neighbors became California transplants.  At the time, the most logical explanation to both of us seemed to be taxes.  Without any sort of State income taxes the average Californian puts thousands of dollars (every year) in his or her pocket by relocating to Florida.  I shot a video about it and (in real estate video terms) it went viral.  I have well over 5,000 views of my video discussing the tax structure in Florida.

But then I met a surfer.  This person was going on an on about the superiority of California waves to Florida and how great a surfer he was.  He told me he surfed year round and he had some great photos of him surfing this spring.  But one ting looked odd in the photos.  Then it hit me.

He was wearing a wet suit.

In the Spring!

Seriously, the water is so cold in the ocean in California you have to wear a wet suit?!?  Seriously, why would anyone ever go in the water?  The only explanation is that they do not know any better.  Granted after decades in Florida I have become a huge temperature sissy and only go in the ocean when it is above 80 degrees, which is 9 months a year!

At any rate, you don't have to listen to boring tax lectures to determine which is the better state to live in.  Just watch the attached video shot in early May 2014 and tell me where you would rather live.  Seems like an easy choice to me.

© John Gaudiano

http://johngaudiano.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?