What's The Best Florida Car?

Welcome to Florida.

My wife is under the impression that the state of Florida issues new residents a floppy hat, a tube of SPF 35 sunscreen and a Toyota Solara (Red Convertible).  This isn't technically true but, seems that way in certain neighborhoods.  In fact, I have seen more than one heated exchange about the benefits of a Solara vs. a Chrysler Sebring.  Okay, to be fair I may have been in such an exchange (only because I was defending my friend Steve as he was attempting to make a point, with an unlit cigar (honestly, that's gotta be another blog post)).

At any rate, since watching Sonny Crocket tool around South Florida in the early 1980's most of us have thought that a convertible was a must have in the state.  To be frank, I purchased one my second day here, and found it a blast to drive in hot weather, when the sun was down.  The truth is, if your not meeting your undercover parter at 3AM in the port of Miami to arrest a bunch of drug smugglers you may be disappointed that it takes so long to have the air-conditioning cool down your ride.  My advice, get a solid Germain Import and have a sunroof as an option for winter days with lots of sunshine.

Been in Florida for less than a year.

So yes, enjoy your first 12 months and the sunshine here in God's Country, but when you've decided that this is your home, get a ride that says "I love this place and I appreciate my vehicle being able to cool down in 30 seconds during August".

Successfully Sell Real Estate and live here full time.

© John Gaudiano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?