Are There Lots Of Europeans In Florida?

Welcome to Florida.

Both my grandfathers were from the "old country", a place I thought was very aptly named when I was younger.  Then I found out the "Old Country" had a name, in fact both my grandfather's hailed from different Old Countries and there was some argument they once had about who had a mule vs. a donkey and which beast was better.  With this as a backdrop, I never had an interest in visiting the "Old Country" especially when it was made clear my family was either thrown out of, or, left under pressure from the local constabulary (both sides).  So yeah, the new country suites me fine.

QUICK SIDE NOTE: Occasionally you'll hear that 'my family was told the streets in America were paved in gold, so they came here'.  Let's be honest, even if that were the truth, it only suggests that your ancestors are idiots.  Face facts, your forebears and mine were thrown out of every respectable country in the world and landed here.  Cheers!

Back to my story, yes I love the new country and had the experience of traveling and meeting people in my 20s that didn't even know what country they lived in.  In fact, they were a bit puzzled by the idea of countries, and to be honest, seemed pretty happy about it.  But they also lived in a dangerous place that changed it's borders on a regular basis, so again, Go New Country!!

At one point, I did end up seeing both Old Countries first hand and to be honest, wish I could live part time in either locale.  That's one reason I do love the thousands of Europeans that visit Florida, they are wonderful guests, often invest in real estate or operating companies here and also seem happier than the average resident.  They do tend to dress a little differently than most Americans, mostly shirtless men, with chains around their necks and women in very floppy hats.  It's a look that doesn't work for everyone, but remember they are our guests and may soon be your neighbors.  Treat them with respect and you will be rewarded 10 times over.


John and Sunny love working with European Real Estate Investors and particularly enjoy hearing about their respective "Old Countries".  

© John Gaudiano
My Website
My Video Tours



 

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?