Do I Need New Clothes, Now That I Live In Florida Fulltime?

Welcome to Florida.

There are many misconceptions about Florida living out there.  One of my favorites is that your clothes from your old life won't work here.  That might be true for winter jackets if you lived in Wisconsin, but for the most part, bring your old clothes and see how you feel in them.

When I first moved here decades ago I drove to the Tommy Bahama store and purchased a new wardrobe, it was kinda fun but I realized that Hawaiian shirts aren't really my personal, "go to".  But to each his own.  It is more casual here, being from New England I never had been in a Bank where the male employees wore polo shirts.  And our UPS guy wears shorts year 'round so it is a bit confusing for "newbies".

Of course, when all else fails you're safe with a bright (or white) suit with tee shirt or a pin strip suit with a pink tie.  At least that's what one man thinks.........



©John Gaudiano
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?