Does Florida Have Good Universities?

Welcome to Florida.

I grew up in the Northeast, Boston in fact, and although I knew there were Universities run by the State of Massachusetts, I never met anyone who attended one.   It may seem incredibly snobbish but, with a number of my friends leaving high school and going to Harvard or MIT, the idea of attending a government college didn't seem like the best route to success.

But then I moved to Florida!

Sure, the athletics are great and the Florida State vs. University of Florida rivalry is fun no matter who you root for, but, oftentimes people overlook what great schools these are.  The competition to get in is truly cut throat and the challenges once enrolled are immense.  I would be proud to have any member of my family attend one of these schools.  And the rest of the state system in Florida has something for everyone.  I have friends who attended UCF and won't shut up about what a stellar education they received and even the lowly Key West Community College is well thought of state wide.

So honestly, it would be fun to be on the lookout for good schools again, although Gainesville and Tallahassee wouldn't be my first choice in cities to reside.  I'd rather go to a school that sends Olympians to represent the country in sailing and be on the West Coast of the state.


Plus, have a super cool mascot.

© John Gaudiano





  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?