Is The Beach Too Hot In Sarasota, In August?


Welcome to Florida.

I once heard someone say it was too hot at the beach.  It seemed like a counter intuitive statement, because of the presence of the ocean and all.  And because I heard this statement in May.

On Cape Cod.

And I was wearing a zip up sweatshirt.

I guess temperature, like life, is all about perception.   When it’s 92 degrees in the city and only slightly cooler at the beach it does feel kinda warm.  Which is why I swim in the ocean to cool off.  Regardless of the month.  It always makes my beach visit extra fun.

But, I’ve also meet people from “up north” that love the beach here in August.   In fact, they can’t get enough of it and tell too many people how great Florida Beaches are in the summer.

Even if you're wearing long pants!

So my advice is too find other people that know how to have a good time and head to one of our many beautiful beaches.  Even if it’s just for a dance contest in August.  You’ll be glad you did.

© John Gaudiano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?