Are Skateboards Allowed In My Neighborhood?

Welcome to Florida.

As a kid I remember one "Rage Against The Machine" type of sticker, that lots of kids liked, which was the "Skateboarding In Not A Crime" design.  It made a statement about how authority figures can make bad inferences about someone based on their activities or hobbies.  There was a news story this week about someone being questioned by police because he played Frisbee golf (seriously, you should Google it).  The message is essentially, judge someone by their actions not their interests.  It makes sense.

At any rate, I thought about this recently because in parts of Sarasota, Skateboarding is a crime.  The police will get involved but, it's primarily downtown and more of a safety issue.  Of course, some people do think it's just a way to keep some neighborhoods, kid unfriendly.  I don't believe that, I'm more of an optimist.  I mean if I thought this sort of thing actually happened, I would have spent time trying to make my newborn son look like an intellectual.  Not a baby.

Laughing about "kid friendly" neighborhoods.

© John & Rocky Gaudiano

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?