Do You Have A Weapon In Your Home?

Welcome to Florida.

I have a customer that travels all over the United States on business and leaves his wife and daughter home alone for extended periods.  For Christmas last year, he gave them both 9MM handguns and lessons.  That's how guys' brains work.  But if you have you have young kids in the house, loaded handguns might not seem like the best idea in the world.  (It makes me feel uncomfortable and my son is too young to walk or hold stuff.)

Plus, I sleep walk.

In fact, I have actually fired a fully automatic machine gun when I was completely asleep.  SIDE NOTE: There is no worse way I know to wake up, than to be firing a machine gun and unsure of who or what you are shooting at.  On this backdrop, my wife suggested that I only have weapons in the home that  may be slightly less lethal while sleep walking.

Since the stun laser guns on Star Trek haven't been invented yet, I decided to go with Native America weapons.  In a pinch they are very effective and can be displayed on your bar without raising eyebrows.  But keep in mind, Florida is the South and we all have weapons in our homes.  "Florida Grown" usually means large caliber weapon in the house, unless there are kids or sleep walkers.


Sometimes antiques are nice to look at and still good at performing their original task.

At least that's one man's opinion.

© John Gaudiano





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?