Where Is The Best Swim Up Bar In Florida?

Welcome to Florida.

If you personally know me, you know I don't brag.  I don't tolerate braggarts and have never exaggerated since the dawn of time; however, I will talk endlessly about the honeymoon destination my wife and I took to the Caribbean.  The island was perfect, the resort amazing and our favorite activity soon became spending time at the swim up bar.

Often, new arrivals to Florida will ask if swim up bars are popular here.  Until now, I have been non committal, but in the spirit of the season I will share something.  I frequent the best swim up bar, not just in Florida but THE ENTIRE WORLD! And most people that have gone to it, don't even realize it is one.  Of course the first thing you need to go to the best swim up bar in the world is a boat.

That's right, a boat.

In order to get to the best swim up bar in the world, you need to take your boat from Sarasota Bay into the Gulf of Mexico.  From there navigate to the Ritz Carlton on Lido Key, drop anchor at least 100 feet off shore and swim up to the Tiki Bar.  You may want to put bar clothes in water proof bags and bring them with you, I always find this small chore always makes this particular adventure more fun.

Of course you can also drive to the Tiki Bar as well, so I've heard.  But if you do that everyone will think you're a tourist.


Sunny and I with some swim up friends.....

©John Gaudiano
Our Website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?