Does Real Estate Change Extra Fast in Florida?

Welcome to Florida.

The street I grew up on has been largely unchanged since Abigail Adams climbed our small hill to watch the British bombard downtown Boston.  As a youngster, I toured Abigail's house and realized it was the same design as most of the century old homes in my neighborhood.

Florida is different.  The hotel I stayed in when I first visited Sarasota has been knocked down.  I met the guy who bought it and planned to build 200 condos, he changed his mind and sold the raw land (for a profit) and now someone else is planning more expensive condos.  They broke ground this week.

More people live here than New York state and more move here every day.  Yes, things keep changing and changing fast.  Not sure if it's the population growth, our perfect weather or just the idea that everything in paradise happens faster than the rest of the country.

  Or maybe, I can't believe 
how quickly 4 months just flew by....

© John Gaudiano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?