What The Heck is a Slough?

Welcome to Florida!

Since coming to Florida I have probably sold an uncountable number of waterfront properties, and my wife and I actually "own" a submerged land lease from the state where we keep our boat.  I currently have two listings on different creeks and one ICW listing but, occasionally I get to sell a property on a Slough ("slew").

The definition of a slough usually sounds like a swamp or pond but, in North Port it's a huge canal that leads to the ocean and a great place to power boat - in Bradenton, Rattle Snake Slough is some of the prettiest land in the state - so if you are in the market for some waterfront property in Florida, you and I should discuss Sloughs - and boating and rattlesnakes.  (But maybe not in that order)

Big Slough, North Port

© John Gaudiano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?