How Warm is the Water in Gulf of Mexico?

Welcome to Florida.

I remember, as a kid, hearing that because of a storm the ocean temp on Cape Cod was 72 degrees.  Since no one I knew had never felt ocean water that warm before, we all raced to the beach.  Looking back, I still remember seeing the temperature posted on the life guard stand and not really believing it.  I just didn't realize life could be that good.

Then I moved to the West Coast of Florida.

The water here was 72 degrees once.  Last New Year's Day, and my wife could not believe I was going to jump in the "frigid" water.  Fact is, most of us like the ocean above 80 degrees and remain happy through the summer when it gets up to 90.  And no, it is refreshing and not too hot at 90 degrees - it's an experience that new Floridians find life altering.

So please come and take a dip in the Gulf any time of year and then give me a call, because after that day you'll be buying a place here and forgetting about your old home. ;-)

Pool or Beach?

© John Gaudiano

My Website

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?