Who's The Most Famous Person in Florida?

Welcome to Florida.

I showed a ball player's home recently and unfortunately I didn't follow his sport and was dumbfounded when I was told the alarm code to the estate was his "jersey number twice".  Google saved the day, so I was able to sell the quarterback's home but, had to pretend I understood what completion percentage meant.  That's my job ;-)

I guess he is famous.

My favorite Floridian has always been Francis Dade.  His ambush was a dark day in the state, but led to modern Florida as we now know it.  Every year people reenact the ambush and I always feel kinda bad - his part is over in 11 seconds.  So if you do enjoy Florida take a moment find out about Major Dade and tell someone about him.  Because I know having an impressive completion percentage is important, I don't think anyone will be writing about it in a hundred years.



My Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?