Why is the sand on Siesta Key so White?




Welcome to Florida.  When I first moved to my adopted hometown of Sarasota I didn't actually step on the sand at Siesta for about a year.  As a boater my typical beach plan was to anchor in the Bay and swim off the stern of my boat.  But after so many people kept asking me about Siesta Key I finally went.....barefoot.

I supposed a geek in a lab coat might spend a bunch of time explaining the quart sand and it's properties but all you really need to know is that the sand is ALWAYS cool, dry and sugary soft.  I probably will need to know more when our son's older and asks but for now, we just need to make sure he doesn't eat any....

Zillow Profile for John and Sunny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?