What Should I Have in my Emergency Kit?

Welcome to Florida.

I first moved to our republic in 2002, 24 months before the storm season that included 4 direct hurricane hits on the state.  I had a window from the 1970s blown out and lost power for 2 hours.    Not a very big deal.  In fact, in over 100 years not a single home in Sarasota county has been completely destroyed in a storm.   Solid record.

Often new residents will ask me what I keep in my emergency kit.  Well, it's sort of the same group of items I have always keep in my freezer.  A loaded Sig Saur pistol, a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka and a back up bottle of Russian Standard Vodka (or two).

That's my emergency plan, I believe it's well thought out....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?