Do You Drink Soda or Pop?

Welcome to Florida.

One of the first people I met when I became a Floridian, told me the state wasn't really part of the US and that Miami was the capital of "Central & South America".   That's probably an exaggeration but, has some truth.  I only know three people that were born in Sarasota.  Our son has a birth certificate which proves he was born at Sarasota Memorial, and I'm guessing he will be in the minority in his class.

Most Floridans are from somewhere else, which explains why you hear people order pop, soda and occasionally coke and all mean 7 UP.  It can be confusing; for example, if you were from the east coast and never heard of a pop before; but we all need to adjust.  Florida is a melting pot of the modern age with people from all over and every lifestyle you can imagine.  So please relax, have a pop, or soda, or coke and enjoy yourself.  You are in paradise now.

And of course, if you are in the market to buy your own little piece of paradise I would be happy to help you.  Unless you think that "Jimmies" should be called "Sprinkles" - then I'm not sure what to do with you.....

Ice Cream Cone with Jimmies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?