What Do New Boater's (in florida) Need to Know?

Welcome to Paradise.

Right after I purchased my first boat in Florida, I had my worst accident in a lifetime of being on the water.  Being raised in New England I was used to the granite ledges falling off quickly and going from the beach to 100 foot ocean depth in the length of a football field.

It's not like that here.

At all.

I discovered this going 50 miles an hour in the middle of Sarasota Bay and having the depth drop to 8 inches with no warning.  Long story short, very unpleasant day and hats off to SEA TOW!  Lesson learned; now, you'll find our family playing on what the USCG refers to as a 'naturally occurring obstacle'.  It's a good time to be a mile offshore and run around in ankle deep water, as long as that was the plan! :-)  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?