Do You Evacuate?

Welcome to Florida.

When I first moved to Florida in 2002 I'd been in a hurricane already - granted it was in New England and my best friend and I went to the beach to see what would happen.  (Found a GLORIA party and never thought a hurricane was a concern....)

Then in 2005 I found out that I was living in a mandatory evacuation zone and needed a safe room.  I neither evacuated nor went to a special room.  Went to the beach for every storm.  Charlie was a close call - I guess.

Fast forward to 2017:  Sunny and I have a baby boy.  So we drove to Atlanta for Irma.  Twenty one hours in a small SUV with a two year old and a dog is more fun than it sounds, but not something we'd like to repeat anytime soon.  No damage at home other than a couple of lanai screens and bunch of limbs down - so we are cleaning up and have a better "hunker down" plan for next time.


So the rule is prepare for the storm and make sure everyone in the family wants to help cleanup :-)

My Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?