What's the best outboard brand in florida?

Welcome to Florida.
I grew up in New England and spent a lot of time on the water. I actually worked at a boat rental one summer just so I could drive boats all summer. At work, we always had the debate between which engines were better, Mercury or Evinrude. I can't even remember the arguments high points - I just remember I had a very strong opinion.
Then I moved to Florida.
Not sure what it is here but, for some reason, Yamaha is the dominant brand. I see Suzuki people on the water and there are a couple of Johnson guys and we all know the Mercury folks obviously just moved here. It's not that the Yamaha engines are that much better (although they are awesome and reliable) it's that there are significantly more mechanics that have experience working on them. And at my advanced age, I'm starting to see the value in experience.
So yes, if you just got here and have an outboard purchase on the horizon there's only one brand to consider.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?