Is Buying New Always Better (in florida)?

Welcome to Paradise.

My first home in our Republic was built about the same time I was born.  It had a couple of dings, was quirky in heavy rain and certainly had seen better days.  Of course the same can be said of me.   All in all, it was a sound investment and I thought of it when I recently worked with a builder who refused to look at new construction because he "wants some other sucker to work out the kinks".  I think that may be over stating the case for buying a resale home, but the logic is sound.

Our family now lives in a home built about 25 years ago, is on it's second roof, has been repiped and been renovated twice.  It's perfect for us; however, I do understand the allure of living in a place that no one else has ever called home.

I especially get it if the right group builds it...


My Wesite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?