Can I Throw My Ties Out, Once I Move to Florida?

Welcome to Paradise.

I used to tell the story about walking into a Bank in Sarasota to open an account and dialing 911 on my phone because I thought the place was getting robbed.  Anyone from New England would have thought the same thing.  "Men who work in banks wear jackets and ties at all times."

At least, that's the way I grew up.

In Florida, bankers wear polo shirts everyday and I'm friends with an attorney who has a "shorts in the office" policy.  I get it, it can get warm here and when I'm showing a large property and need to walk it with clients, in July - I try to justify shorts.  But of course I was raised better.

Long story short - this year my wife and I attended a wedding that was "White Tie" and I discovered I didn't have one.  I didn't have a white tie or, any other color for that matter.  It struck me that I've been in Florida for nearly 20 years and do not own a single tie anymore.  I guess you can actually be proactive and throw your ties out before you get here - unless you have a fancy wedding to attend or a photoshoot to celebrate being three.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?