What's Appropriate Sarasota Beach Attire?

When we got married and had our reception at the Ritz Carlton Beach Club, being in a suit and tie seemed weird to me.  So I opted for the suit with no shirt and no tie - in my defense, I had had a few adult beverages and made that decision on the fly.  Now half a decade later that photo adorns the wall in the dining room and makes every Thanksgiving a bit awkward for some.

Of course, now I have the opportunity to ensure my son makes none of these mistakes.  However, he is often seen in a bow tie and dress clothes, while playing in the Gulf of Mexico.  I guess that's the thing about Fllorida in general, and Sarasota specifically, if you aren't bothering anyone dress how ever you feel comfortable.

But please wear a shirt at the Ritz.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?