Should I Build a Lap Pool?

Welcome to paradise....

There is a house in my neighborhood with four pools.  There is a recreational (volleyball) pool, spa, reflecting pool and lap pool.  I get that Olympic athletes would want their lap pool to be cooler than their volleyball pool but, seriously, for most of us combining the lap, spa and recreational pool is the most cost effective.

Right?

Think about it, if you have four pools, you literally have four pool pumps and could spend four times your maintenance fees every month.  No fun.  The trick becomes finding and designing a pool that would support all these different activities that could be installed without breaking the bank.  I normally recommend a couple of different pool contractors and suggest interviews with them before making a decision.

The next big question that comes up is usually "If I combine all those pools into one pool can it still look decent?"  That again, is a real concern that needs to be addressed with your pool designer.  However, if I was pressed, I would definitely say that you can build a multi-functional pool that looks amazing.

    Lap, Recreational, Spa and Reflecting Pool all in one!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?