When Should Kids Learn to Drive a Boat (in Florida)?

Welcome to Paradise.

Where I grew up, the 60 days of summer we had were always delightful.   Of course, I didn't learn to operate an outboard engine until my first work permitted job when I had lied and indicated I was an accomplished captain.  To be fair, I was only 14 and didn't even realize I was breaking the law working from the age of 12 with my previous employment.

Seems like I'm getting off track.  The best thing to do when boating is, expect the best and plan for the worst.  Everyone needs to be a strong swimmer, no one but the captain talks when docking and EVERYONE needs to be able to drive the boat.  Regardless of age....



.     "It gets tricky in the Creek....."
"Well, I can manage it"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?