What is Appropriate Rain Wear (in florida)?

It rains in florida.  A lot.

A sunny day can become a monsoon in (literally) seconds.  Unfortunately, because I am a gentleman and trying to raise one, we cannot carry umbrellas.  It's undignified unless, you are holding it to protect your wife's outfit or, you are shielding a baby.  In fact, there is a pretty substantial list of do's and don'ts for gentlemen but, for now I will stick to the topic at hand.

Appropriate Rain Wear.

However, if I could just jump back to the umbrella one last time.  The idea of walking in a lighting storm holding a metal rod above your head seems like a prank gone awry, that has somehow become popular.  Just don't do it.

Now as a child, I had some type of raincoat with matching hat that took me about a minute to "lose" because I wouldn't be seen in a yellow plastic coat.  Who would?  Fast forward to adulthood and the United States Army introduced me to the poncho.  It's functional, can come in more gentlemanly tones and is easy to store.  It seems like the most sensible rain protection a gentleman could want.

My first poncho in action.


Trying to raise a gentleman can be a challenge when you are trying to instill empathy, honor and strength.  I find the most challenging part is often trying to be a solid role model and not look foolish in front of our son.  Which is why you will never catch me wearing a yellow plastic coat.



(Unless I'm at LEGOLAND....)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?