Are Appliances Important in New Homes?

Welcome to paradise.

I clearly remember the propane stove in my grandmother's kitchen.  It sat right next to the ringer washer so, I just figured it was from the 'olden' days when everyone used a match to ignite the gas in order to make an omelette.  It seemed dangerous to me but, I was never the type of kid to play with matches, probably because I knew the tanks were right outside the kitchen window.  Maybe the world was more dangerous then, maybe not.  I do know that there was only one place to buy a stove in my grandmothers town, so selection was NOT a big thing.

It certainly is different now.

A quick trip to Lowes can turn into an appliance review with the upper limits of any credit card tested.  Not exactly sure that is progress.  I mean the last I heard a propane stove with a manual light is probably one of the longest lasting appliances in America.  Then again, selling new construction homes becomes an exercise in kitchen design, more often than not.

So yeah, appliances are important in new homes and my advice on appliances is the same as home shopping.  Set a realistic budget then follow your gut.  Choose the layout and appliances that make you smile or feel accomplished.  With all the great options out there it's almost impossible to not pick a great looking stove.

Like I said, almost.  (Not a fan of red knobs)

  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?