Is it ever too cold to swim in the Gulf of Mexico?

Welcome to Paradise.

I remember when I was a kid and a hurricane was coming up the east coast of the US and bearing down on Cape Cod.  I didn't own property and didn't even like traveling to my mother's hometown on "The Cape" so wasn't even super aware there was any danger involved.  Then we started getting news reports a few days before impact.  It was news - I had NEVER heard before.  The storm was going to drive warm water from the south so the ocean temperature at my beach was going to be 74 degrees.

It seemed like a miracle.  I was used to the temp being in the 60s.  

Of course, since then I moved to Florida and became accustomed gulf temperatures in the 80 degree range (and even the high 80s in the summer).  There is LITERALLY NOTHING better in life.


Actually the best thing is when your first grader asks to go surfing;
 on the coldest day of the year.  And you go.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?