Who is your hero in Florida?

Welcome to Paradise.

I grew up across from the Cairn where John Adams and his mom watched the cowardly British shell downtown Boston.  (Sidebar:  My wife reminds me that was a long time ago and I should stop referring to all Brits as cowardly; but old habits die hard.)  In any event, many things including my elementary school were named after Adams and he was pretty amazing.  The way he defended the Amistad mutineers and the (Cowardly) Brits responsible for the massacre literally give me goose bumps to this day.  But he was never my hero.

I was always a Henry Knox guy.  Probably because I identified with a nerd that felt the call of duty to save a new nation and defeat a tyrannical overseas King.  Seriously, the guy owned a bookstore and defeated the most powerful military on the planet.  He lead men, and was not a leader.  He was the best strategist Washington had and was also brave beyond measure and committed to just causes.

All in all, I liked growing up by the homes of impressive national hero(s) who I could look up to.  I couldn't wait to find some similar icons for my son (who is being raised in Florida).  I didn't think it would be that hard to find someone for my son to emulate as he slowly approaches his preteen years.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that he found his own hero this morning and has his own plan.

Long story short, we are currently planning to travel outside the Continental United States in 2024 to help kids who are impoverished and in difficult situations.  All this coming from an 8 year old that cannot eat in a restaurant because the food is different than his moms.  Luckily we have some Haitian friends that have clued us in to dental care in areas without running water, as well as, natural sweets available in the wild.

Can't wait for 2024!

Sugar Cane (snack and dental care)


Our Website



.


   

    


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?