Do Named Storms Scare You?

Welcome to paradise.

When I was a young man, I was terrifically injured while training with the Army at Ft. Rucker, Alabama.  During my medical assessment, my doctor wanted to know if I knew who the President of the United States was because, there was apparently concern about a brain injury.  I was a little panicked for a second because I could picture the guy but, his name escaped my grasp.  Eventually, I got the name and pretended I knew it all along.

I was reminded of this episode when the last hurricane rolled through South West Florida.  Our family does not evacuate, in fact we are more likely to go to the beach during the storm but, this year my son wanted to surf.  We spent an afternoon getting tossed around in the Gulf of Mexico.  I took a few hard slams in fact, I think everyone there did.  

I don't really have a memory of getting out of the water.  I remember finding my son (thrilling) and not being able to remember the Presidents' name (concerning).  I made sure that I acted like I was fine and copied a hand gesture I'd seen my son do because I thought people would assume I was ok.  


We're Fine.

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?