What's The Speed Limit In The Gulf Of Mexico?

Welcome to Florida.

My wife and I have a bow-rider with an outboard which we have more fun than should be allowed.  We love stopping at sand bars and swimming with friends, especially in the Summer when water temps can be in the high 80s or low 90s.  When it's this warm you will sometimes have manatees swim up to see what all the fuss is about, or maybe they just like country music.

At any rate, when I was younger I liked fast boats.  I had a dual engine jet that could go well over 60mph, which is way too fast to actually have fun.  But it's a good way to get to the fun.  Anyhow, I was alone going 65mph and "Scardy Cat" passed me like I was standing still.  (The reports that I screamed like an eight year old girl are greatly exaggerated).  Scardy could go 120mph or so and I hadn't met Miss Geico yet.  Her top speed is over 200mph and it occurs to me that these speeds are legal, just not sensible.  If you're racing for money, sure.  But otherwise, the sand bars are the way to go.

So yeah, in answer to the question, there is no top speed if you can do it safely.  But honestly, you cannot argue that standing in 85 degree waist deep water with an ice cold Red Stripe Light isn't perfect...

   Go Fast....

Have fun....

©John Gaudiano







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?