What's North Port Like?

Welcome to Florida.

Occasionally, folks intent on Siesta Key or Sarasota will Zillow themselves down to North Port and ask me what it's like.  Don't get me wrong, I sell a lot of property in North Port and I love it.  It has come back since the real estate bust and there are what my friend Mike calls "Places to get arrested after 10PM" - which apprently is important to some people.

But it's not Sarasota.

It's warm, has friendly people and some great golf - but the beach is a good 45 minute drive (longer in season).  Not a big deal if you are relocating from Central Ohio but, a big deal if you were looking at condos on Siesta Key.

So visit North Port, move there if you like (Sunny and I will help you) but if the beach is your thing - save North Port for a day trip.

Heron Creek Counrty Club - North Port, FL


© John Gaudiano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?