Should I Worry About Alligators in Florida?

Welcome to Florida!

Many new residents are afraid of alligators in the sunshine state.  There is literally no reason to be.  Honestly, they are everywhere, lakes, rivers, golf courses, (occasionally) the ocean but they are looking for prey not people.  They are scared of human adults and provided you respect them and don't walk up on them they will stay away from you.

I'm sure a number of people have heard the story about me walking up on a gator (accidentally) and pushing a woman to the ground to get away.  I would like to say much of that story is not accurate, the woman, who by the way was pregnant with twins, lost her footing and fell on her own.  And, I understand that she has already forgiven me.

Bad 'Gator






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?