What's The Best Benefit To Being A Floridian?

Welcome to Florida.

Or, congratulations on planning to move to Florida.  Usually, when I ask someone about the best part about being a Floridian the first answer they give involves the weather.  Sometimes, "beach" is first and occasionally the theme parks are in the top ten.  But not having snow; or, frigid temperatures, is normally the underlying rationale.

Don't get me wrong.  I came here full-time with the goal of never touching snow again.  I've gone back north once and felt like everyone I encountered was terribly disadvantaged.  It's just not for me, I love Florida for the weather, boating, beaches, outdoor activities and the people; not necessarily in that order.   I used to think that was a solid list which I wouldn't add on to...

Then our Son, Rocky was born.

Background: As a teenager, I decided that I was going to college and was going to pay for it myself.  While I managed to cover some $50,000 per year without debt I was determined to not lay out that challenging path for our son.  So I began looking at the PrePaid University Program in Florida.  In the final analysis the University System in this state provides an amazing education, has all campuses with 60 Minutes to the beach and is an unfathomable bargain for parents and grandparents who call Florida home.

We hope our son is excited to attend a Florida University but, concerned he may realize he may have been named after a mascot.

    Rocky the Bull.  USF Mascot.

Rocky the Bull in action


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?