What's The Speed Limit in Florida

Welcome to paradise.

I remember my older sister telling me once that "President Carter came on television in a sweater and mom and dad turned the thermostat down forever."  That was the same year the highway speed limit was reduced to 55 and that really upset Sammy Hagar.  I guess slower speeds were supposed to reduce energy consumption but, eventually calmer heads prevailed and the speed limit went back up.

Especially in the Sunshine State.

I drove across Alligator Alley once with my cruise control set at 88mph and I didn't pass a single car. But some thirty vehicles blew by me, a few as if I was standing still.  Based on this experience I have developed a theory that the speed limit in Florida is the temperature plus 2, but only if you're driving a convertible.  Of course, I can't be sure because I have NEVER been pulled over in a motor vehicle in the state - so it could just be a wacky theory.

At any rate, Sammy Hagar must be pleased....



My Website
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?