Am I Storm Ready?

Welcome to Paradise.

We made it through another storm that was supposed to be the strongest in history and be a direct hit.  I think that's always the forecast but, I could be wrong.  During my first hurricane in the state the news anchor on our local TV station was telling everyone to get into their "safe room" because destruction was imminent.  I went onto my balcony and made myself a drink instead. 

Solid decision.

My power didn't even blink.  Now we live in a concrete home with impact windows so don't even consider evacuating or hiding in a special room.  We do figure that if power is going to be out for more than a day we'll find an air conditioned hotel room and chill out.   


Actual cone of a storm that missed the entire state of Florida.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?