Do You Need to Dress Up for Dinner (in Florida)?

 Welcome to paradise. 

I worked in restaurants when I was in junior high school and high school. Mostly in the summer on cape cod, and I can only remember one time when I took care of a famous musician and his model wife. They were pretty nice but I recall that her hat seemed to belong at the Kentucky Derby, and thinking she was just desperate for attention. 

It strikes me now that if people have real money and/or power they tend to not be focused on getting attention. I had Christmas dinner with a former President of the United States and spent the night hanging out with his wife because I thought he was an embarrassment (side bar it’s not who you think).  

So, when all is said and done, I am kind of over restaurants. Of course, we have a rising second grader in the house and don’t want him to be a kid that does not know how to conduct himself in a public setting having a meal.  There’s a cool pizza restaurant near our house that we go to on a regular basis and then once in a while will have a fancy dinner and, for some reason, our son seems to have more fun than we do…


Night out on Siesta Key. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Difference Between a Lanai and a Loggia?

Did John Ringling Build Dwarf Houses For The Little People That Worked For Him?

What's Better a Lake or the Ocean?